8. We invoice the client and no charge submitted by a business partner is approved for invoice unless the appropriate project manager for the consultant and for the client have both signed off that risk mitigation services in their area of responsibility have been completed. There is no unauthorized “project creep” because any services in addition to those initially authorized are subject to a “change order” which must be approved by the Lead Consultant and the client prior to additional work being performed.
9. We require each service provider to submit a statement of work and a fee schedule for each client engagement that are signed by the client’s representative, the Lead Consultant’s representative, and the service provider’s representative. The statement of work specifies the products/services the service provider will deliver and the timeline for delivery. The fee schedule specifies the method of payment, how the fee will be calculated, and the payment schedule. The Lead Consultant utilizes a customized off-the-shelf software application that tracks the time, fees, and approved expenses of each service provider and the Lead Consultant assumes responsibility for reconciling submitted fees with the fee schedule and for remitting payments to service providers in accordance with the fee schedule.
10. We take responsibility for making all service providers aware of any policies and procedures the client advises have universal application to the client’s employees and on-site visitors. We review those policies and procedures with the client and then with the risk assessment/risk mitigation team during the orientation session referenced in Risk Management tactic No. 6.
11. We share the Lead Consultant’s “Code of Conduct” with all business partners in advance so that there is a shared understanding of the Lead Consultant’s expectations with regard to appropriate conduct when service providers are involved in a client engagement.
12. We require all consultants to carry a specified level of professional liability insurance that must be effective for the complete term of each engagement and to provide documentation of same upon request. We verify that, when applicable, each business partner has sufficient bonding to meet the requirements of a capital improvement project.